Shen Phen Dharma Fund - President's Letter
Dear sangha and friends, please take a moment to read CTBCC's President, Helga Carrion's letter to know more about this project “to bring benefit to others” (Shen Phen) by owning a place for CTBCC.
We're counting on your generosity to be able to materialize our aspirations and keep spreading the dharma in the borderland.
(Click HERE to read the letter).
(image: www.tibetsun.com / Lobsang Wangyal)
CTBCC is a 501(c) non-profit organization. We survive on the generosity of others. Donations are primarily used to pay for our meditation space and cover the costs of supporting our Dharma teachers and now, for raising money to buy our own building.
All are welcome at CTBCC to enjoy weekly classes, to receive teachings, and to attend community events.
Please consider becoming a member and committing your time and financial resources to helping up keep our Center open, so that we may continue to benefit our community.
A CTBCC Member is a person who is willing to make a deeper commitment to our vision and mission.
You are warmly invited to commit to membership at CTBCC in one of two ways:
1.- Basic Annual Membership – member pledges a one-time annual commitment; memberships are for one year, effective at date of signing. Member will receive a CTBCC prayer book, 10% discount on bookstore items; and a 20% discount for special events/teachings. In addition, members may attend unlimited regularly scheduled weekly classes FREE of charge. Membership cards must be presented for discounts.
- Individual Member: $120/yr
- Family Membership: $200/yr (2 or more)
- Student Membership: $60/yr
- Senior Membership: $60/yr
**Those living on a fixed or low income are invited to talk to staff about an affordable level.
2.- Sustaining Monthly Membership – member pledges to a recurring monthly donation; member will receive a CTBCC prayer book, 10% discount on bookstore items, and a 20% discount for special events/teachings. In addition, members may attend unlimited regularly scheduled weekly classes FREE of charge. Membership cards must be presented for discounts.
Please make a monthly pledge that fits your financial situation.
- “Treasure Vase” members - $10/month – member will receive the above listed benefits
- “Triple Gem” members - $25/month – in addition to the benefits of the Treasure Vase level, members at this level will receive a set of prayer flags
- “Bodhi Tree” members - $50/month – in addition to the benefits of the Triple Gem level, members at this level will receive a mala (prayer beads) and a 20% discount on bookstore items
- “Snow Lion” members - $100 or greater/month – in addition to the benefits of the Bodhi Tree level, members at this level will receive 2 free tickets to our annual member dinner.
Ways to Donate and Pay for Memberships
If you would like to donate to our center or become a member please use one of the following ways:
1. Mail (for checks):
683 Bluff Canyon
El Paso, TX. 79912
2. Direct Deposit:
Bank of America
CTBCC - Acct. # 004883647974
3. Donation Box at Center:
Put your money or check in an envelope that's provided next to box, write your name on the envelope or attach a membership form to it and place it in box.
Use the "Donate" button to the right to either make a single donation or to make a membership payment (please specify the type of membership in the notes section)
Our center is a non-profit organization and needs the your support financially and spiritually in order to continue serving the community by promoting peace and loving kindness.