CTBCC is having an offsite one-day meditation retreat, led by fellow sangha member, Stacie Barron. There will be several short meditation sessions (some guided and some in silence), walking meditations, and mindfulness practices between sessions. Simple shamatha instructions will be provided along with two short discussion sessions to help eliminate any doubts.
Date: April 13, 2014 (Sunday)
Venue: Heuco Tanks (A Sangha Member's House)
Time: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Carpool Information: Meet at CTBCC at 7:30AM, or at Peter Piper Pizza on SE corner of Montana just pass Loop 375 at 8:00AM for those who live in East El Paso. Drive back together after the retreat around 5PM.
- This is a silent meditation (avoid talking whenever possible, if you need to communicate do it away from the others).
- Minimize mundane activities like communicating, cooking, and cleaning, i.e., unplug all communication devices.
- Bring your own sack lunch.
- Fruits, snack, tea, and water will be available throughout the day.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Participate for the entire day, avoid coming and going.
Please RSVP so that there will be a cushion and snacks for you. Email email@example.com.